Personal Tax Preparation w. a Chartered Professional Accountant @ Home (SOLD OUT)
Time & Location
About the Workshop
Join us for an online webinar on personal tax preparation hosted by Andrew Krupowicz, CPA, CA. Each participant in this workshop will be equipped with the knowledge to feel confident to handle their 2019 taxes with less stress. The most recent developments related to COVID-19 and how this will affect filing your taxes will be discussed. Andrew will also discuss how to make use of the Government’s new benefits. Takeaway reference materials will be provided along with ample time for questions and answers to feel well informed during tax season.
In this session, you will become equipped with the knowledge and confidence to feel ready to tackle your tax return yourself if you so choose, or at a minimum, know how to prepare your personal records to simplify and de-stress your life during tax season.
This workshop is designed for complete beginners with no prior experience in preparing their tax returns, as well as those who have prepared their own returns previously and want to determine if they are missing out on valuable credits. The Canadian tax system can feel unnecessarily intimidating, which is why Andrew finds it important to provide context on what are the important steps to follow, and which programs and benefits are easy to miss without adequate guidance. You will learn answers to practical questions such as:
1. What are the legitimate methods I can use to minimize the taxes that I owe?
2. How does income splitting work, and can I do it myself?
3. Why do I have to make instalment payments and how can I minimize them?
4. What is the OAS clawback, and how can I avoid it?
5. Is there any easy way to file my taxes without using a computer?
6. How can I file my taxes electronically without paying fees for software?
7. What happens if I spend time outside of Canada while receiving a pension?
8. If I’m receiving a pension from a country other than Canada, what am I supposed to do?
9. Do I get to claim the Climate Action Incentive (“carbon tax credit”)? What about the Ontario Trillium Benefit? What are these credits, and how do they work?
Class size is limited so Andrew can answer as many questions as possible.
Join us and learn how to demystify the tax filing process.
About our Host:
Andrew is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA) who has supported his clients with their business consulting and tax needs for over fifteen years. He finds joy in taking a concept which seems intimidating and complex, like preparing personal tax returns, and making it easy to understand.
In addition to his tax expertise, Andrew teaches at York University, where he brings theory to life, drawing on his professional experiences working for numerous clients at Ernst & Young. He also leads Community Volunteer Income Tax Program clinics every tax season across Toronto, and supports numerous charities, serving on the board of directors for several non-for-profit organizations throughout his career.
Accessibility Level: Easy. This workshop can be accessed online through our Boomerang at Home online feature. This is a video conference experience that can be accessed via Mobile, iPad, and Computer devices. Your device must have a microphone and/or camera to participate.
- Sold OutTax Preparation Webinar$0$00$0