Paint - Basic Colour Theory 102
Time & Location
About the Workshop
In this workshop, we will explore different effects using colour. Learn about: Tint, Tone & Shade, the Bezold effect & how to make a painting vibrate as well as Itten’s Saturation of Tone to create depth in a work.
Materials You will need:
- The worksheet sent to you printed off
- Paint: yellow, red, magenta, blue, black &white – in acrylic, gouache or tempera
- Several paint brushes, a small round or a small flat 2-4,
- Several strips of paper 2” x 11” (thicker paper is better 40lb + or even watercolour paper)
- 2 Water containers,
- Paper towels
- A palette
About our Host:
Lauren McKinley Renzetti is a visual artist based in Toronto Ontario with over 30 years experience as an Artist & Art Instructor. She currently teaches at the Art Gallery of Ontario, Seneca College, ARTiculations & LucSculpture. When not teaching or working on her own practise she also is a Curator of Neighbourhood Gallery & a Scenic Painter in the film industry working on many shows including : Star Trek Discovery, The Expanse & Shadowhunters. Her work can be viewed at www.laurenmckinleyrenzetti.ca
Accessibility Level: Easy. This workshop can be accessed online through our Boomerang at Home online feature. This is a video conference experience that can be accessed via Mobile, iPad, and Computer devices.
Read our community Community Guidelines for Online Workshops & Discussions.
- Sold OutPaint - Basic Colour Theory$0$00$0