Organic Garden Design and Production: Why and How
Time & Location
About the Workshop
If you have a yard or garden, or even a balcony, consider growing some edible plants. This workshop will take place in a food-producing elementary school garden, under cultivation for 20 years and certified organic by Ecocert Canada.
You will learn:
- Plants to grow in spring, summer and fall
- Choosing the right plants for your soil and orientation
- Why and How to compost and amend your soil
- Native plants and pollinator plants
- Key principles of organic and permaculture garden design
About the Instructor:
Sunday Harrison brings 40 years of gardening experience, in Toronto and central Ontario. She holds a Masters degree in Environmental Studies, a Graduate Diploma in Environmental and Sustainability Education, and a certificate in Landscape Architecture. She is the founder and Executive Director of Green Thumbs Growing Kids, an award-winning community-based school garden support organization.
Accessibility Level: Moderate. You will be on grass and soil as you work within the garden. There will be light physical activity that may require bending over to work within the garden.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about this workshop.
- Organic Gardening Workshop$20$200$0