Member-Friendly Garden Club (1)
Time & Location
About the Workshop
Find out what's blooming in Canadian gardens right now, what backyard wildlife is up to, and what local farmers are harvesting for us to eat. You'll have a chance to meet others in a fun and supportive environment from the comfort of your home.
We’ll start each week by awakening our senses through some gentle seated movements to get our bodies warmed up and our brains connected. We’ll introduce the week’s theme with a short photo slideshow, transporting us to a beautiful outdoor setting. Then meet the facilitators and other participants with a virtual sharing circle. We’ll also demonstrate a weekly hands-on activity that you can try at home. Once you register, you’ll have access to all three sessions, and can join for the weeks you want. We hope you’ll join us for all three!
- No need to shop! We’ll work with what you have easily available.
- Plus, when you register, we’ll send you a small garden care package with the supplies you’ll need for the upcoming sessions.
Themes & Dates (we ask everyone to join 10 minutes in advance to get settled and acquainted before we start):
- Flower Power: Inspiration From Nature: Thursday, June 4th, 1:30 to 2:30 pm
- Birds, Butterflies, & Bees in the Garden: Thursday, June 11th, 1:30 to 2:30 pm
- Garden Kitchen: Local Tastes of the Season: Thursday, June 18th, 1:30 to 2:30 pm
- Emma Rooney, Blooming Caravan, Emma powers a mobile business that brings creative projects, including therapeutic gardening, cooking, and storytelling, to clients in the comfort of their homes.
- Jane Hayes, Garden Jane, Jane is a gardener with a passion for growing with people of all ages and abilities.
- Victoria Muir-Burcea, Recreo, Victoria is a wellness advocate and athlete with a passion for helping others connect and create more health and joy in their lives.
Important things to note:
- If you don't know how to participate in a Zoom video group call? The Boomerang Team can support you with this. After you've RSVPed for the session you will receive detailed instructions to your email inbox, along with a number to call in case of any confusion. Please make sure to check your spam or junk folder if you do not recieve an email.
- We will reach out to you after you have registered to ask for your mailing address. We would like to send you a package with seeds you can use in your own home or garden! If you decide not to share your address, that is perfectly fine. We will not be able to send you a seed kit.
- You do not have to have dementia or be living with memory loss to participate. This is an inclusive program for those living with memory loss and their care partners—spouses, family members, friends, and others who work or volunteer with older adults. Everyone who joins in on the call is invited to be a participant so that we can learn together.
Please feel free to join the video call as early as 1:15pm to test out Zoom or simply connect with others in the group. We're asking that everyone begin to join by 1:20pm so we can get started with the session at 1:30pm.
If you cannot make it to the session after RSVP'ing, please let us know so that we can open up your spot. You can notify us here: email@example.com
- Memory-Friendly Garden Club$0$00$0